Students can leverage undergraduate coursework in MSE into a graduate degree through one additional year of coursework. During the senior year, a student may take several technical electives and MSE technical electives at the graduate level. After completing these graduate level courses, the student will receive credit toward their undergraduate degree and a Master’s degree. This Materials Science and Engineering - Accelerated Master's Program degree from University of Arizona is not open to students who have completed a Bachelor's degree or an advanced degree from another institution.
The Materials Science and Engineering Department at the University of Arizona has attracted a wide group of world class individuals to its faculty and has developed a pioneering and wide-ranging curriculum at both the graduate and undergraduate levels. Funding from the state, federal government and industry has provided modern facilities and supported research of ever expanding scope and magnitude. We conduct research at both the campus setting and at our off-campus research facility, the Arizona Materials Laboratory (AML).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 27 units of regularly scheduled (A,B,C) graduate courses of which 15 units must be from the MSE department, including MSE 510 (Thermodynamics), MSE 572 – Kinetics.
- 3 units of miscellaneous graduate courses (independent study or regularly scheduled graduate-level courses). Only 1 unit of seminar (MSE 595a) will count towards the total misc. coursework requirement.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 536 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Have completed at least 75 undergraduate credit hours at the time of application and 90 undergraduate credit hours at the time of entry into the AMP, with a cumulative GPA equal or above 3.3
- Have completed least 12 units of undergraduate credit hours in MSE at The University of Arizona.
- Have completed, or nearly completed the general education requirements at the time of application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.