The Landscape Architecture - Accelerated Master's Program at University of Arizona can usually be completed within two semesters of attaining the BLA degree and within four semesters of attaining the SBE degree.
Subsequent to being admitted to the Accelerated Master's Program, BLA and SBE students in their third or fourth years begin to take graduate courses in the MLA program curriculum. Twelve of the graduate units earned may be used to count toward both degrees.
In a world of complex social and environmental challenges, our Master of Landscape Architecture positions you to be a leader in creative, design-based problem solving.
The three-year, STEM-designated MLA prepares students from diverse educational and professional backgrounds for the practice of landscape architecture through engagement in applied scholarship with an emphasis on sustainable design strategies.
We employ real-world learning experiences that enable you to meet the most critical design challenges of the built environment.
School of Landscape Architecture and Planning
The School of Landscape Architecture and Planning encourages and supports a culture of innovation in teaching, research, creative works, as well as community engagement aimed at advancing professional practice and preparing students to be leaders in their respective fields.
We utilize Tucson and the unique Sonoran Desert environment as a learning laboratory for applied research and community-based projects involving a variety of stakeholders.
Creative thinking and collaborative learning are encouraged in all of our programs through interdisciplinary coursework and real-world projects. Graduates are able to integrate scientific knowledge with resourceful innovation to achieve outcomes that demonstrate best practices for the development of healthful, livable, and meaningful places.
Our MLA program is fully accredited through the Landscape Architecture Accreditation Board (LAAB).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Plant Materials
- Landscape Ecology
- Planting Design
- Contemporary Landscape Architecture
- Professional Practice
- Landscape Planning Studio
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- October 11: Round 1 (Deadline for GA Consideration)
- November 1: International Student Deadline, Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP)-Eligible Deadline
- December 6: Final Deadline (Domestic/International with Visa)
- November 30: Priority Admissions Deadline
- February 4: Round 2
- March 7: Round 3 (Deadline for Graduate Assistantship Consideration and International Students without Visa)
- April 4: Round 4
- May 15: Final Deadline (Domestic/International with Visa, Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP)-Eligible)
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 14 other Masters in Architecture in Mexico
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Students applying to the program must meet University of Arizona Graduate College admissions standards.
- Applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited United States college or university, or equivalent in a non-US institution of higher learning. The undergraduate degree can be in any field of study. A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 in the last 90 graded quarter credit hours or last 60 graded semester credit hours is required.
- Applicants who do not meet the required 3.0 GPA can apply as Graduate Non-Degree Seeking. After completion of 12 consecutive semester units of 500 level courses, and a 3.0 GPA or higher, applicants can apply as graduate degree seeking using their graduate GPA.
- International students must demonstrate English language proficiency and submit scores from the TOEFL exam.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Mexico City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.