The East Asian Studies degree offered by the University of Arizona may also focus on China or Japan or may involve study of both areas. General Master’s candidates may write a thesis or a departmental paper. The General Master’s degree is designed for candidates who do not intend to study for a doctorate.
AS offers a wide range of courses in Chinese and Japanese language. Understanding the languages and cultures of these two nations—the second (China) and third (Japan) largest economies in the world—is essential for anyone working globally today.
More informationVisit official programme website
The Department of East Asian Studies is dedicated to the study of the cultures and languages of China and Japan. The rich cultural heritages of the region are covered by courses in literature, history, society, religion and thought, linguistics and other aspects of culture.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 911 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- GPA 3.0
- TOEFL 550 on the paper based (PB)or 79 on the internet based (IBT) or composite score of 7 (iBT)international students)
- GRE (required of domestic applicants and applicants from English speaking countries, e.g. U.K., Canada, etc.)(not required for other international
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose (Must specify the area you are applying for: Chinese Studies, Japanese Studies. Must also indicate areas of interest (example: linguistics)
- Sample of written work (Ph.D. applicants only)
- Official sealed Transcripts
- Department Financial Aid Application
International11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10236 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5118 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.