To provide a unique and professionally oriented training on global food safety management and risk analysis for science/technology graduates who want to develop their expertise in the area of food safety.To provide students with advanced knowledge in the major and newly emerging hazards affecting food safety from a global perspective.
Upon completion of this Global Food Safety Management and Risk Analysis programme at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, students should be able to:
- Understand international food standards, laws and regulations and critically evaluate food safety policy as well as legal and sector specific frameworks for food safety management at local, national and international levels;
- Demonstrate competence in developing risk-based food safety management strategies and implementing food safety management systems (e.g., ISO22000);
- Demonstrate fundamental skills in critical analysis, information technology and communication; and
- Work effectively as an individual and in multi-disciplinary groups with a commitment to lifelong learning to enhance their professional development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Food Safety Risk Analysis
- Global Food Safety Management
- Food Safety in Action
- International Food Standards, Laws and Regulations
- Foodborne Chemical and Microbial Hazards: Case Studies
- Global Food Security
- Capstone Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesRisk Management Food Sciences View 10 other Masters in Risk Management in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- As for the Master's degree or Postgraduate Diploma, the basic requirement is a Bachelor's degree from an institution that is recognised by PolyU.
International556 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 556 EUR per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National556 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 556 EUR per credit and a duration of 12 months.
HK$5,300 per credit for local and non-local students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.