The degree program is focuses on developing an integrative approach to patient care and will equip you with interdisciplinary tools in the healthcare informatics field, which include the following:
- Information science
- Information systems
In today’s world, electronic health records and electronic billing have become the new normal and their use only going to grow for the across all of health care. The health informatics field benefits both the patients and health care professionals by making it easier to handle patient safety, improve quality, find and solve problems and enhance the use of data. Health informatics is critical to the development and implementation of health services and systems. This is especially true for administrative, clinical, financial and managerial operations in the healthcare sector. New models of patient care and new standards for quality and safety rely on informatics.
Accountable care organizations with healthcare reform initiatives need data experts well-versed in the management of informatics. Yet the labor market is not meeting the demand for health informatics employees.
Graduates of the Health Informatics programme from the University of Scranton become:
- Health Informatics Consultant
- Nurse Informaticist
- Medical Informatics Analyst
- Clinical Informaticist
- Insurance Analyst
- Home Health Care Specialist
- Coding Auditor/Analyst
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Healthcare
- Computer Information Technology for Health Professionals
- Introduction to Health Informatics
- Healthcare Knowledge for Health Informatics
- Principles of Computer Science and Software Development
- Information Technology for Health Informatics
- Database Principles and Applications
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHealth Informatics View 43 other Masters in Health Informatics in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or the equivalent from an international college or university, is required. You must also have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Online Application
- Professional Resume
- Statement of Intent
- 3 Letters of Reference. References should be from someone with whom the applicant has an academic or professional relationship
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (read and sign the two following forms)
- Background Check Disclosure
- Background Check Authorization
International757 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 757 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National757 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 757 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.