They stimulate innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership and focus on circular (eco)design, materials substitution, life cycle engineering and circular economy design, materials processing and recycling, manufacturing and innovation.
The Sustainable Materials (SUMA) programme at EIT RawMaterials Academy involves studies in two different institutions (depending on your Programme Path selection), an internship in a company and a Master thesis in collaboration with a company.
SUMA aims to educate tomorrow’s materials engineers with:
- Up-to-date technical skills and state-of-the-art technological knowledge
- An entrepreneurial mindset, focused on the sustainability of industrial activities
- All SUMA students develop their own research activities under the supervision of experienced mentors.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Materials and Processing
- Sustainability and Recycling
- Circular (eco)design and Life Cycle Engineering
- Materials Substitution
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The SUMA Master accepts applications throughout the year and has no strict deadlines. If selected, you will be invited to start in the next or the upcoming academic year: selected candidates from EEA-countries can apply until 1 July for the starting academic year; non-EEA selected candidates should follow the regulations of the entry university of their choice and apply on this website no later than 1 February in order to start in the upcoming academic year.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 30 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent. Candidates must have obtained* a BSc diploma (or equivalent) of substantial quality and at a level corresponding to at least three years’ study at a university, equivalent to 180 ECTS.
- English proficiency: the minimum for the SUMA Master’s is a TOEFL score of 86, with a minimum of 20 on both speaking and writing, or an IELTS score of 6.5, and a minimum of 6 on speaking and writing for non-EEA students who are not native speakers.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- SUMA students pay a yearly tuition fee; on average this amounts to 1000-1500 EUR per year for EEA-students up to on average 3000-4000 EUR per year for non-EEA-students
Because of the fact that the SUMA Master programmes are EIT Labeled, we are able to support all enrolled students with an ‘Added value student activities grant’ (AVSA grant). For students starting in September, the AVSA equals EUR 13,500 and is paid in full to the students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.