The online Master of Science in Emergency Management (MS in EM) at the Adelphi University provides you with the practical broad-based knowledge and state-of-the-art training that emergency managers need to effectively lead in today’s increasingly complex, interdisciplinary emergency management environment.
Our cutting-edge curriculum offers advanced training in all-hazards planning, an approach that applies across disciplines and organizations. Courses are developed and taught by Adelphi University faculty members, many with front-line experience managing major planned and unplanned events including presidential visits, global meetings, terrorist attacks, health epidemics, aviation emergencies and natural disasters.
- 100 percent online, instructor-led courses enable you to advance your education without disrupting your career.
- The state-of-the-art MS in EM curriculum teaches you how to manage disaster preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery, and can be tailored to address your specific career goals.
- You learn about the latest technology including the use of drones in disaster response.
- You gain rich learning experiences and networking opportunities by studying with emergency management professionals from diverse areas including public service, military, emergency services and business.
- You can earn an 18-credit Certificate in Emergency Management, which applies as credit toward your MS in EM.
- No Flexible entrance requirements—no GRE required
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Emergency Management
- Health Management in Times of Disaster
- Organizational Planning and Response
- Business Continuity Planning
- Emergency Management Law
- Research in Emergency and Disaster Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We offer rolling admissions.
DisciplinesEmergency & Disaster Management View 29 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application
- Official transcripts for all schools attended. See below for more information.
- Personal statement describing your interest in the online Master of Science in Emergency Management program (500 words maximum).
- One letter of recommendation: This should either be from a faculty member who is familiar with your academic work, or from an individual who can discuss your work or relevant experience.
- Professional résumé
- $50 application fee
- International Students whose native language is not English must submit a minimum TOEFL score of 80 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5. International students in this program are not eligible for an F-1 visa.
International28080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28080 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National28080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28080 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.