This Elementary Education program at the University of Alaska Fairbanks gives you maximum flexibility, and specialized training to teach in rural and urban Alaska.
- Our master’s in elementary education (with K-8 teacher certification) is grounded in local knowledge and experience. That means you’ll gain a deeper understanding of who your students are and where they live, growing your skills as a teacher in the process.
- You’ll also have a variety of opportunities to apply your learning in the classroom, through fieldwork experiences and an internship guided by a mentor teacher.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The elementary education master’s degree includes post-bachelor teacher licensure. When you apply to the postbaccalaureate program you can also apply for the master’s degree.
- Or, you can complete your licensure and then pursue your master’s degree when you’re ready.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Applicants should apply to a graduate degree program at least six to nine months before the beginning of the semester in which they plan to enroll.
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 4095 other Masters in Education in United States
- Apply online. Applications must be received before the published deadlines, along with a $75 nonrefundable application fee. Applications submitted after the published deadlines are only accepted upon a department's request and have a $100 nonrefundable application fee.
- Review your department’s department-specific requirements and application deadlines.
- Submit certified official university transcripts and English translations.
- Submit official GRE or GMAT test scores. Not all departments require GRE or GMAT scores if the student has earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a resume/curriculum vitae.
- Submit a statement of academic goals.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS test results.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification page.
- Complete UAF’s financial statement form and provide supporting documentation showing adequate funding to cover all expenses at UAF.1
International21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
National21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11160 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairbanks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.