Learning, Teaching and Curriculum with emphasis in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages from University of Missouri - Columbia is designed to meet the challenges of a diverse student body in a variety of education settings. Given the use of English as a global lingua franca, learning the unique methodology and theories associated with second language teaching is crucial to effectively meeting the challenges of a multilingual global society.
Our program prepares teachers, curriculum leaders and teacher educators for professional excellence. With the rapid changes in education–especially developments in instructional materials and techniques, curriculum construction and classroom organization — teachers who have completed their certification may need to update, refine and extend their knowledge and skills.
- Second Language Acquisition
- Materials for and Assessment of English Language Learners
- Language and Culture for Educators
- Linguistics for Educators
- Methods of Teaching English Language Learners
- English to Speakers of Other Languages Practicum
- ESOL Curriculum Development
- Human Learning
- Classroom Research-Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Teaching View 2029 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Completion of an appropriate Bachelor's degree with a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation; three letters, if your undergraduate GPA (last 60 hours) is below a 3.0.
- Statement of purpose clearly indicating that the proposed Masters degree is appropriate to the applicant's professional aspirations.
- GRE scores taken within the last 5 years (preferred minimum scores should be V150,Q145,A3.5 or higher). The verbal must meet the 150 minimum in order to be considered for the program.
- For students whose native language is not English, a score of 550 or better on the TOEFL or a 6.5 on the IELTS taken within the past two years
- Evidence of at least 2 years of successful experience in an appropriate field
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Personal data sheet form (built into the Graduate School online application)
International24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
National24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12213 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.