Learning, Teaching and Curriculum with emphasis in English Education from University of Missouri - Columbia gives students a strong background in reading and writing pedagogy, adolescent literature, and media literacy. We also emphasize lesson planning, curriculum creation and teaching, classroom management, diversity and social equity.
Our program prepares teachers, curriculum leaders and teacher educators for professional excellence. With the rapid changes in education–especially developments in instructional materials and techniques, curriculum construction and classroom organization — teachers who have completed their certification may need to update, refine and extend their knowledge and skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modern Literature
- Comparative Approaches to Literature, 1890-Present
- Renaissance and 17th-Century English Literature
- 19th-Century American Literature
- The Story of English: Medieval to Modern
- Writing, Reading and Teaching Nonfiction
- Media Literacy
- Critical Literacy
- Guiding all Readers Toward Independence
- Literacy and the Internet (Grades K-12)
- Developmental Aspects of Human Learning
- Technology to Enhance Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Teaching View 1626 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Completion of an appropriate preliminary degree with a GPA of 3.0 or better (master’s applicants: completion of bachelor’s degree; Specialist applicants: completion of master’s degree
- Evidence of at least 2 years of successful experience in an appropriate field
- Minimum GRE Scores
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Personal data sheet form (built into the Graduate School online application)
- Statement of purpose
- All emphasis areas desire at least 2 letters of recommendation, regardless of GPA.
International24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
National24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12213 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.