At Educational, School, and Counseling Psychology (with emphasis in Positive Coaching and Athletic Leadership) from University of Missouri - Columbia the required core courses focus on identifying and applying the most pertinent and impactful aspects of sport, coaching and positive psychology. The core courses also focus on leading individuals, teams and groups to experience the fulfillment and happiness associated with striving for and achieving excellence. Emphasis is on the understanding, skills and strategies of highly effective teaching, learning and leading.
The electives emphasize the development of professional knowledge and awareness of key topical issues and areas pertinent to preparing to serve as competent, caring and committed coaches for others. Course topics include:
The program is well-suited for athletic coaches at all levels of sport participation, as well as any individuals in educational or other settings, who provide instructional, leadership or counseling services to students or to others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Administration of athletics programs
- Ethical and legal aspects of athletics
- Athlete training and conditioning
- Gender and multicultural issues in sports
- Positive coaching
- Positive interventions contributing to coordinated school health programs
- Healthier total school or organizational environments
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Counselling Educational Psychology View 159 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Completed baccalaureate or advanced degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education. See notes under Step 3 below.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 92 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 62 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 185.
- If your GPA is below 3.0, please also submit your résumé and a personal statement.
- Letter of recommendation
International11962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11962 USD per year during 12 months.
National11962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11962 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.