At Educational, School, and Counseling Psychology (with emphasis in Mental Health Practices in Schools) from University of Missouri - Columbia courses are designed to offer practical applications of psychological concepts and are taught by experts in the field. The program identifies and deals with issues that promote positive mental health of children and adolescents. Courses in the program provide a solid base to increase awareness, knowledge, and skills.
Our program careers include elementary and secondary teachers, special education professionals, school counselors, school nurses, administrators, at-risk coordinators and resource officers, safety coordinators, substance abuse coordinators, speech/language pathologists, itinerant and migrant educators, and private practitioners.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Identifying and assessing evidence-based prevention and intervention strategies and programs
- Communicating effectively with parents, children and school personnel
- Building resiliency and optimism in children and adolescents
- Increasing awareness of multicultural and diversity issues
- Understanding mental, emotional, and behavioral factors in youth
- Managing crisis interventions
- Applying wellness management for self and others
- Implementing positive behavior support and strategies in the classroom
- Collaborating with families and other school personnel
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Educational Psychology View 57 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 92 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 62 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 185.
- Personal statement (up to 1,000 words) describing your experience in teaching, helping or counseling; your interests and career objectives and how these interests and career objectives have developed; how the program will benefit your career and help you act upon your beliefs, goals and philosophy.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Résumé or CV.
International11962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11962 USD per year during 12 months.
National11962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11962 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.