Our mission is to prepare technologically literate professionals for educational systems, business, and industry, in a global technological society. Students in the Master of Science in Instructional Technology (MIT) program will become leaders in instructional technology by using and teaching the latest updates in the instructional field. Students will be leaders with advanced knowledge of multimedia tools, presentation development, strategies related to integrating multimedia in educational and training environments.
Classes are offered exclusively online. The primary focus of this Instructional Technology program is to introduce to you free open educational resources (OERs) that can be immediately integrated in your workplace or classroom. Our instructors are very receptive to your personal development needs; we want everything you do as an assignment to be a tool you can use upon completion (a feather in your cap not ours). Many of the courses are built in a learning management system (LMS) created by AEP faculty known as a GooPLE; Google inspired Personal Learning Environment. FHSU provides you with a life-time Gmail address that will grant you access to course materials and other Google resources that are not available to personal Gmails. At least three of our instructors are Google for Education Certified Train
Feel the freedom of a degree around your schedule
At Fort Hays State University, online does not mean impersonal. Our innovative virtual programs really mean you have the flexibility and freedom to plan your program according to your schedule – and finish it on time – with a community of colleagues standing behind you.
Once you are accepted into a program, a faculty member within your specialty area will guide you throughout your studies. Although the requirements for each program vary, you may be able to complete your degree without setting foot on campus, while still developing rich relationships with faculty and fellow classmates.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Utilization of Technology
- Educational Research
- Instructional Technology Theory and Practice
- Developing Web-based Instruction
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 1166 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Using Google Chrome, submit an Application for Graduate Admission at the appropriate website:
- Pay the $40 domestic application fee or $50 international application fee.
- Provide the Graduate School with an official bachelor's degree transcript and master's degree transcript (if applicable) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Provide entrance examination scores as required by individual departments.
- Provide letters of recommendation.
- Provide any other documents required by specific departments, such as a personal statement or vita, background check release, writing sample, or digital art slides.
- International students must provide evidence of their ability to speak English.
International610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 610 USD per credit during 12 months.
National610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 610 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State242 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 242 USD per credit during 12 months.
Graduate On-Campus (contiguous state) $341.29
Living costs for Hays
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.