You will learn to take the knowledge and skills you acquire and develop them further in practical situations. Each student is assigned a mentor to supervise the elective components of the course to create a study program tailored to your own interests within structural design.
Around the world, there is continuous demand for engineers in the field of the Built Environment. A Master of Architecture, Building and Planning gives you an excellent general basis for a career in this field.
Depending on your choice of track and other options, you will be given assignments in designing, consulting, management, administration and / or research, providing valuable experience for a career in any of these areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The two-year Structural Engineering and Design track includes five core courses plus specialisation and free electives and a final project.
Specialisation electives are offered either in the form of lectures or in the form of projects, both related to structural design of load-bearing structures.
Lectures allow you to acquire individual knowledge and competences within the field of structural design, while projects can be divided into:
- Design projects (large span structures as well as high rise buildings), and
- Research projects (experimental research as well as numerical research).
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We strongly advise that you apply as soon as possible and ensure that your complete application arrives at TU/e by mid April at the latest.
DisciplinesArchitecture Industrial Design Design View 7 other Masters in Industrial Design in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To apply for this master, you need a Bachelor’s degree based on program of sufficient academic level and quality.
- The master track Structural Design (SD) prepares students for professions such as a structural engineer, researcher or construction manager. You learn how to solve mechanical, material and structural problems with a focus on design and research.
- The courses and projects focus on knowledge and application of structural materials (such as steel, concrete, timber, glass, and aluminium) as well as several methods to solve mechanical problems. And this track places a great deal of emphasis on innovative structural design (such as lightweight structures, adaptive structures and sustainable innovations).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16200 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2083 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2083 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Various scholarships are open to students wishing to follow a Master's program at Eindhoven University of Technology. A requirement of most scholarships is that you have been admitted to a Master's program before you may apply to the scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.