Why a dual degree in counseling and music therapy?
Counseling and Master Music Therapy students at Loyola University New Orleans will be eligible for licensure as clinical mental health counselors, and Counseling students will obtain a whole new collection of intervention strategies to add to their clinical skills.
Studying mental health from two different perspectives deepens the students’ understanding of the field while making them far more attractive to potential employers. Simply stated, the Music Therapy – Counseling dual degree is a “win – win” opportunity.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research and Statistical Methods in Counseling
- Research Writing Lab
- Philosophy and Counseling
- Counseling Theories
- Introduction to Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMusic Counselling View 1020 other Masters in Music in United States
- Application. Applications are submitted online.
- Please provide a 1-3 page objective statement of your educational goals and reasons for wishing to pursue a degree in Counseling from Loyola. Objective statements should be uploaded to your online application.
- A brief resume outlining relevant degrees and course work, paid or volunteer work experiences, any honors, presentations, papers, and other life experiences.
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 or higher or who already have a graduate degree are not required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities.
- Three letters of recommendation
International30675 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 818 USD per credit during 24 months.
National30675 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 818 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.