The Laws program from Northeastern University provides the most flexibility for students to take the courses they want in pursuit of their professional interests and personal aspirations. Many LLM students also choose the general program to qualify for a bar examination in one of the United States jurisdictions (Massachusetts or New York, for example) that admit lawyers trained outside the U.S. Whether you are a U.S. or internationally trained lawyer looking for individualized professional growth or to become a candidate for a U.S. bar exam, Northeastern’s general program offers what you need to do what you want: to advance your professional goals and to make a difference in the world.
You'll shape your own experiences in this program—drawing from an industry-informed curriculum in three areas: Intellectual Property and Technology Law, International Business Law, and Bar Examination Preparation Law.
- Program offers a full-time co-op experience
- Students may complete an optional independent research project
- Students may opt for the general LLM or specialize in one of four available concentrations
- Graduates qualify for the bar examination in jurisdictions that admit lawyers trained outside the U.S.
- Boston location offers access to one of the most sophisticated legal markets in the United States
- NU School of Law ranked #1 for practical training
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Policy and Law
- Human Rights
- Intellectual Property and Innovation
- International Business Law
- Law and Economic Development
- American Law and Legal Institutions
- Legal Research and Writing for LLM Students
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 62 other Masters in Business Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal statement, resume, and official transcripts in sealed envelopes
- One letter of recommendation
- Score report for the Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT®) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) for applicants whose native language is not English
International54800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54800 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National54800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54800 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.