Mechanical Engineering from University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) consists of coursework and research in advanced mechanical and aerospace engineering topics allowing emphasis in solid mechanics, thermal/fluid systems, or dynamics and controls. Graduate students can participate in on-going interdisciplinary research programs through independent study projects or as research assistants on sponsored research projects. Courses at the graduate level are often offered in the late afternoon or evening to enable students from local industry to complete their studies.
Graduates with Mechanical Engineering from University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) will:
- Prepare the student to perform independent research in their field of specialization
- Provide students with an understanding of the advanced engineering tools and concepts that apply to their field of specialization, with particular emphasis on the mathematical development of those tools
- Prepare students to practice engineering at an advanced level
- Prepare students to pursue doctoral studies in mechanical/aerospace engineering
- Develop student's communication skills and professionalism
- Modeling and Analysis of Dynamic Systems
- Spacecraft Attitude Dynamics & Controls
- Intermediate Heat Transfer
- Incompressible Flow
- Computation of Rare. Gas Dyn
- Human Kinetics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 460 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- Bachelor of Science in engineering, applied mathematics or physics from an accredited institution with an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Successful completion of the following courses: Dynamics, Strength of Materials, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Differential Equations, and Linear Algebra / Engineering Mathematics.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
- Minimum TOEFL score of 80 or minimum IELTS score of 6.5(International applicants only)
International16470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8235 USD per semester during 12 months.
National16470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8235 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State9450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4725 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Colorado Springs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.