The MFA degree is the credential that signifies a student's capacity to work independently in a discriminating, distinctive, and professional manner.
The Painting program of University of Massachusetts Dartmouth provides an educational context where motivated and creative artists can pursue their own goals, hone technical skills, and advance personal vision through intense, focused individual studio activity. Faculty members generate critical dialogue with graduate students at specific intervals during each semester.
Academic courses in art history, critical theory, philosophy, and a range of university offerings support the cultivation of the individual's intellectual and aesthetic maturation.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Methods & Theory In Art History
- Graduate Seminar I
- Graduate Seminar II: On Creativity
- Visual Thesis
- Writing Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 519 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Portfolio of 20 images representing your art work, process of thinking, implementation of concepts, and studio production. The portfolio is the equivalent of the entrance examinations which other academic areas often require.
- Statement of purpose (minimum 300 words)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (regardless if a credential is earned or not)
- 2 letters of recommendation
International22183 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22183 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National22183 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22183 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12292 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.