Select one of two concentrations and earn your MSN completely online. Courses of the Nursing (Online) program of University of Massachusetts Dartmouth are asynchronous, which allows you to learn on your schedule.
Both concentrations provide the student with the foundational knowledge of healthcare systems, healthcare policy, nursing research methods, and healthcare informatics. You’ll apply your new knowledge in various practice settings, and a final capstone project prepares you for practice.
Nursing and Healthcare Education
Prepares you to become a nurse educator role in academic, clinical, or staff development setting. You’ll learn to design, implement, evaluate, and revise academic and continuing education programs for nurses. The curriculum integrates core masters-level concepts, advanced clinical foundations, and education-focused courses. It culminates in an intensive, individualized practicum of at least 112 hours. Each student collaborates with an experienced educator to grow in the role.
Global Public Health
Prepares you to work in the U.S. or in an international setting with diverse individuals, families, and populations, to improve healthcare outcomes through illness prevention, health promotion and health policy. The curriculum integrates core masters-level concepts, advanced clinical foundations, and global public health-focused courses. It culminates in an intensive individualized practicum of a least 112 hours. Each student collaborates with an experienced professional to grow in the role
More informationVisit official programme website
- Statistical Analysis of Data
- Theoretical Foundations for Advancing Nursing Practice
- The US Health Care Delivery System
- Translating Research Evidence for Advancing Nursing Practice
- Promoting the Health of Populations
- Healthcare Informatics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNursing View 242 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Submit a statement of purpose (Minimum of 300 words)
- Submit a resume
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (regardless if a credential is earned or not)
- Hold a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from a program accredited by the NLNAC or CCNE.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in undergraduate study.
- Registered Nurses with a bachelor degree in a related field may seek admission through the GAP program.
- Hold a current license to practice professional nursing in the state where you live.
- Submit 2 letters of reference that document competence, leadership and professional integrity in nursing practice.
International22183 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22183 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National22183 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22183 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
In-State12292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12292 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.