The MSF is a 10-course, 30-credit degree program. Students in the Finance program of University of Massachusetts Dartmouth will be prepared to pursue nationally and globally recognized credentials, including the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation. Our program covers the major topic areas of the CFA exams, so graduates will have a strong foundation from which to draw while completing required exams.
Students can choose between either a general finance or the STEM-approved quantitative finance concentration for their degree.
The MSF program prepares you for various career opportunities, including as
- a financial analyst working for commercial banks, brokerage firms, insurance companies, and in government
- a securities, commodities, and financial services sales agent working for brokerage firms, investment banks, and trading companies
- a financial manager or personal financial advisor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Finance for Decision Making
- Quantitative Methods in Finance
- Investment Analysis
- International Financial Management
- Options, Futures, and other Derivatives
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance Actuarial Science View 379 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
- An earned baccalaureate degree (or the equivalent of a USA baccalaureate degree) in any major/discipline from an accredited college/university with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- An earned terminal graduate degree (PhD, MD, JD, etc.) from an accredited institution.
- Licensure in the United States as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Financial Planner. Other similar certification programs may also qualify for this waiver at the discretion of UMass Dartmouth.
- At least five (5) years of managerial/supervisory work experience.
- An earned Graduate Certificate from the Charlton College of Business at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.30
- Applicants whose GMAT requirement is waived may still be required to take Foundation courses prior to beginning the MSF coursework.
International22183 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22183 USD per year during 12 months.
National22183 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22183 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12292 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.