The voice faculty members come from diverse backgrounds and experience, and work together to make sure students are getting what they need to develop technically, musically, and personally.
Throughout their course of study, Vocal Arts students at the Bowling Green State University develop their skills through weekly lessons and master classes with studio teachers, workshops and recitals with visiting artists, and frequent performances in studio and area seminars.
Performance opportunities abound for voice students, and include concerts, studio and area recitals, fully staged operas and scenes programs, competitions, and plenty of other events. Students are encouraged to take advantage of our Opera Department, our many choral ensembles, along with groups devoted to jazz, early music, contemporary music, and an abundance of extra-curricular ensembles and performing groups.
Upon completion of the Doctoral degree, students in the Contemporary Music program are expected to be able to:
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in the technical aspects of contemporary music and culture.
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in the aesthetic and philosophical aspects of contemporary music and culture.
- Practically apply and demonstrate their technical, aesthetic and philosophical knowledge of contemporary music in an internship in a real world non-academic music setting.
- Analyze the relationships among multiple traditions, histories, and styles of contemporary music, arts, and other disciplines.
- Using the skills above, conduct original scholarship in the field of contemporary music.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In a vibrant community of nearly 500 music students, undergraduates and graduates work side by side and form lasting connections with their peers and faculty.
- By honoring traditions and embracing innovation, we prepare students for diverse musical lives and life-long career growth.
- The College presents over 600 public events each year and is a major cultural resource for the campus and northwest Ohio.
- Graduate Application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended. Upon admission, final official or notarized copies of transcripts from all institutions where degrees were earned (showing dates when the degrees were conferred) and diplomas from international institutions must be submitted.
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS, OAE) may be required.
- Programs may also require recommendations, a statement of purpose, a resume, and other documents.
International18678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9339 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9339 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5344 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.