Your program of study includes core classes in advanced musical acoustics, advanced computer music composition, digital signal theory, digital audio processing, and cognate elective classes. You are also required to take a music class that involves performance, such as an ensemble course, and to complete and defend a master's thesis.
Throughout the Music Technology MM program from New York University, you will:
- Integrate musical and technical skills
- Attain a solid foundation in all areas of music technology and specialized expertise in a focus area of music technology
- Experiment with new relationships between experimental and traditional approaches to music by collaborating with NYU performance and composition programs
- Demonstrate competence in public oral presentation of your artistic and scholarly work
Experiential Learning Leads to Careers
You'll have the opportunity to intern at major New York City recording studios, media companies, and performance venues such as Sony Music, Radio City Music Hall, Birdland, and the Metropolitan Opera. Internships have often led to permanent employment opportunities.
Graduates find successful careers in fields such as acoustics, music informatics, game audio, audio engineering, production and post-production, sound editing for film and multimedia, audio mastering, and signal processing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Musical Acoustics
- Advanced Computer Music Composition
- Digital Signal Theory
- Colloquy in Music Technology
- Electronic Music Performance
- Distributed Performance
- Multi-channel Media Installation Performance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Liberal Arts View 309 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You are required to have a basic competence in music history and theory as a prerequisite for all graduate degree programs in music.
- Entering graduate students are required to take advisory exams in both areas prior to arrival; placements will be determined by interpreting the exam results in light of your educational background and the degree program for which you are enrolled.
- Remedial courses cannot be used to meet degree requirements within any of the graduate programs.
International74680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 74680 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National74680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 74680 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.