As a part of the healthcare team, services provided by Athletic Training graduates from Grand Valley State University include injury and illness prevention, wellness promotion and education, emergent care, examination and clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention, and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions.
Certified athletic trainers can be found almost anywhere people are physically active. Examples of employment settings include:
- Colleges and Universities
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Industrial and Commercial
- Performing Arts
- Professional Sports
- Public Safety
- Secondary Schools
Programme StructureCourses included:
- General Biology
- Infectious Human Disease; Prevention and Control
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Basic Pathophysiology
- Organic and Biochemistry
- Motor Skill Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Sports Sciences View 346 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- ATCAS online application and fees ($85.00 for first school application and $45.00 for each additional school application)
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended
- Resume/CV and Personal Statement.
- Two Recommendation Forms
- Documentation of volunteer/ work/job shadow AT hours on the ATCAS application– minimum of 75 hours required.
- Completion of writing sample (located within ATCAS, under Questions)
- Healthcare Provider CPR/AED and First Aid certifications
- Electronic copies or a photocopy
- GVSU Athletic Training Supplemental Form
- $30 application fee (not required for those who previously paid - one-time application fee)
International14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 USD per year during 12 months.
National 740 $ / credit
Living costs for Allendale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.