The Architecture and urban design program offered by Columbia University focuses on the city as an agent of resilient change and on the role of design in redefining the twenty-first century urban landscape, advancing new paradigms of research, practice, and pedagogy to meet the challenges of climate change, rapid urbanization, and social inequality. Students and faculty in the MSAUD program are united in their attempt to integrate and underscore the essential links between public space, social justice, and ecological systems. The program asks the venerable and necessarily shifting question: what is “the good city?”—reframing the city not as a fixed, delimited territory but as a gradient of varied landscapes supported by networks of food, energy, resources, culture, transportation, and capital.
- Urban Design Studio
- Digital Techniques for Urban Design
- Mapping For Architecture Urbanism and Humanities
- Metropolitan Sublimes
- Cultural Strategies and Production NOW
- Narrative Urbanism: Strategic Storytelling For Designers and Planners
- Theory of City Form
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 297 other Masters in Architecture in United States
- Online Application
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- All applicants whose native language is not English must submit TOEFL scores (with the exception of Introduction to Architecture applicants). At this time there is no minimum TOEFL score required for admission.
International88470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 88470 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National88470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 88470 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.