With rapid advances in technology, and as generations live longer, more active lives, the demand for biomedical devices, procedures and other solutions continues to grow as well. Biomedical engineers with advanced degrees have even more opportunities for expanded responsibilities.
The Biomedical Engineering program of Duquesne University was designed to be flexible to serve both full-time students and working professionals seeking to become innovators in the biomedical engineering field. Students will have significant opportunities for research in state-of-the-art labs, working alongside accomplished faculty.
Graduates of the program will have the experience to perform research and engineering design for academia, government and industries related to human health. Additionally, students with the desire to continue on to a PhD program or professional medical education will have the appropriate basis upon which to build.
Upon successful completion of this program students will:
- Gain the ability to demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in biomedical engineering
- Have particular expertise in a field of biomedical engineering through coursework or research
- Learn to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary issues in biomedical engineering with an emphasis on ethical questions
- Students choosing the thesis option will gain research experience resulting in publishable work
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modern Methods in Biomedical Engineering
- Engineering Computation
- Seminar in Biomedical Engineering
- Biomaterials & Characterization Methods
- Biomedical Imaging
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 341 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
- Complete the Duquesne University application for graduate study. There is no fee required to submit your application
- A statement of purpose, approximately 250 words, regarding reasons and motivation for attending the program, in addition to any specific research topics of interest. You will upload this to your application
- All official transcripts sent directly from the university Registrar's Office for programs completed within the United States. Officially evaluated transcripts by WES or ECE of all undergraduate and any graduate studies if completed outside of the United States
- Two letters of recommendation from academic professional mentors. The application will prompt you for their contact information, and will generate an email to that person with directions on how to complete the recommendation
- General GRE test scores
- Official Internet-based (iBT) TOEFL scores that are current to one year
International48288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1509 USD per credit during 12 months.
National48288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1509 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.