Graduates know more finance than most science graduates and have stronger quantitative skills than most business graduates. They start with undergraduate degrees in quantitative subjects such as mathematics, physics, or engineering. They are admitted to the Mathematics in Finance program from New York University through a highly selective process. At Courant, students experience a tightly integrated curriculum that provides an efficient introduction to the theoretical and computational skills that are genuinely used and valued in the industry.
We continuously reassess the curriculum based on input from instructors, advisory board members, and industry colleagues who help us stay abreast of the latest developments in this continually evolving field. Their feedback often leads us to create new classes or modify existing ones. We also value the input of our current and recent students who tell us what works and what does not.
The Program’s Career Resources
The Mathematics in Finance MSc program from New York University offers innovative professional and career development resources to help full-time students secure internship and full-time opportunities, specifically targeting careers in the financial industry. Our full-time students receive career services directly from the program, including:
- Group and one-on-one sessions with career coaches
- Career workshops, mock interviews, and bootcamp training specifically tailored to careers in quantitative finance and financial data science
- Employer recruitment events
- Direct internship and full-time opportunities through the program’s network
- Resume guidance and feedback
- Resume book distribution to companies in the financial industry
- Alumni panel discussions and networking events
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Part-Time Masters in Mathematics in Finance: August 1 for Fall, December 1 for Spring
DisciplinesMathematics Finance Financial Mathematics View 85 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United States
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL if required);
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- Professional Information;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- International Student Supplement.
International69408 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 69408 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National69408 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 69408 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.