The Higher Education in Student Affairs (HESA) program at Salem State University is the only graduate program of its kind offered at a public institution in the Boston metropolitan area. Located in the historic, coastal New England city of Salem, Salem State is a regional public university, which is an emerging Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI).
In its eighteen years of preparing practitioner-scholars and with over 350 alumnx across the United States and internationally, the HESA program admits students to two cohorts: General (Student Affairs) and Executive (Higher Education Leadership) Cohorts. Our curriculum and learning outcomes are designed for aspiring student affairs practitioners who are seeking to pursue a career at institutions of higher education (two- or four-year colleges and universities) in the area of student affairs as well as professionals who are already pursuing careers in higher education or higher education adjacent sector.
Salem State University's mission is to provide a high quality, student-centered education that prepares a diverse community of learners to contribute responsibly and creatively to a global society, and serve as a resource to advance the region's cultural, social and economic development.
- Student Affairs: Theory, Research and Practice
- Theories of College Student Development
- The History of Higher Education
- Administration and Organization in Higher Education
- Research in Student Affairs
- Multicultural Issues in Student Affairs
- Assessment and Evaluation in Student Affairs
- Helping Skills for Student Affairs Professionals I
- Practicum in Student Affairs I
- Capstone Seminar in Student Affairs
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Rolling admission until full for Fall enrollment only (Executive and General Cohorts)
DisciplinesTeaching Higher Education View 1895 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcript evaluation for degrees completed outside the United States
- English Proficiency Requirements
- Financial Documents
- Applicants must request official transcripts or transcript evaluations to be directly sent to Salem State.
- At this time three letters of professional reference are required for your application to be considered complete.
- A current/up to date resumé that reflects your academic and co-curricular experiences and achievements must be included with the application.
- The statement of purpose is your opportunity to share your personal and professional hopes, dreams, and disappointments that motivate and bring you to this promising moment of applying for admission to the Salem State HESA program.
International20754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10377 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10377 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State17514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8757 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.