Basic Degree Information/Description
The Music program of The University of Texas at San Antonio offers the opportunity for advanced study for qualified students who wish to emphasize in several areas. Students may emphasize in instrumental or choral conducting, vocal or instrumental performance, music education, or piano or vocal Pedagogy. The Master of Music degree is designed to develop and foster high achievement in performance and teaching; to prepare the student for a career as a performer, conductor, or educator; or to serve as a basis for pursuing doctoral studies in music.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Topics in Music Theory
- Music Research
- Topics in Music History
- Rehearsal Techniques
- Music Performance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Liberal Arts View 396 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- Bachelor of Music degree or Bachelor of Music Education degree with a major in their intended area of graduate emphasis or the equivalent
- A completed a Graduate School application
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English along with an evaluation of the transcripts from Foreign Credentials Service of America
- Three letters of recommendation
- A statement of intent concerning graduate school
- English language proficiency test scores
- Audition in person or provide a recent video (DVD or private YouTube link) demonstrating the level of mastery in a rehearsal or performance situation or submit a digital video of classroom teaching (DVD or private YouTube link), documentation of teaching experience (résumé), and a self-composed short essay (1-2 pages) that describes the reasons for becoming a teacher, commitment to music education, and future career goals.
International16068 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16068 USD per year during 12 months.
National16068 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16068 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State4002 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4002 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.