Students in the French program at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette may elect to focus on France exclusively or on the Francophone world, with France as a primary area, as well as Francophone Europe, Quebec, Acadia, Louisiana, the Antilles and Haiti, Sub-Saharan Africa, the Indian Ocean, the Maghreb, and the Mediterranean.
- Both thesis and non-thesis tracks are available.
- Prerequisite courses are required as well as oral and written proficiency in French.
- The Graduate School offers a variety of doctoral, master's, graduate certificate, and non-degree programs. Review the listing to the left for descriptions and contact information for each.
- Graduate Coordinators are graduate faculty within each graduate program who are a point of contact for graduate students, both prospective and current.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 991 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Louisiana at Lafayette and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- have (or soon have) a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) from a regionally accredited university. Learn more about how to provide proof of degree.
- demonstrate English language proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS) if you are an international applicant. Learn more about who is required to demonstrate English language proficiency.
- provide additional application materials (including GRE/GMAT) depending on the degree program to which you're applying.
International72960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2432 USD per credit during 12 months.
National48840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1628 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State48840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1628 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Lafayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.