The MA program is designed to prepare students for doctoral study in Classics. The emphasis is on coursework, both to establish command of Greek and Latin, and to develop the skills necessary for research and scholarship. Students are expected to complete all requirements for the MA within two years. Students who enter with the BA must earn the MA before advancing to doctoral study.
Qualified persons interested in obtaining Latin Teaching Certification in tandem with the MA in Classics should apply concurrently to the UTeach Liberal Arts Post-Baccalaureate Program. Such applications will be evaluated by the same criteria as all others.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Meth & Thry In Clascl Archaeol
- Survey Of Greek Literature
- Homer Iliad
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics View 93 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
- An official score for the Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE), unless otherwise specified by the graduate program to which the student is applying. International students whose native language is not English must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed major. Evidence of adequate preparation varies by program, but examples include letters of reference, auditions, samples of work, and personal statements
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 in upper-division (junior- and senior-level) coursework and in any graduate work already completed.
International17694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8847 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National17694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8847 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4464 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.