Students may enter the MS&E Graduate Program from undergraduate programs in materials science and engineering or other engineering or physical science disciplines. Entering students select a Thrust area and, if not in possession of equivalent undergraduate courses, receive instruction in classical thermodynamics and quantum mechanics in their first semester. Students then take core materials science courses and thrust courses that are determined by their Thrust area as well as elective courses that are specific to their research topic. Students supported by a Research or Teaching Assistantship are required to take 24 credit hours of instruction and write a master thesis to obtain an M.S.E. degree in Materials Science and Engineering.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Design and Perf of Pavements
- Bituminous Materials
- Advanced Structural Metals
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 209 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- An official score for the Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE), unless otherwise specified by the graduate program to which the student is applying. International students whose native language is not English must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed major. Evidence of adequate preparation varies by program, but examples include letters of reference, auditions, samples of work, and personal statements
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 in upper-division (junior- and senior-level) coursework and in any graduate work already completed.
International18726 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9363 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National18726 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9363 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9668 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4834 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.