Custom curriculum tracks combine hands-on clinical experience with courses in advanced evidence-based practice, health care management, and scientific research. Students have the option to work directly with faculty in their laboratories and perform research projects under their guidance with this Medical Laboratory Science degree offered by the University of Vermont.
Graduates of the Medical Laboratory Science MSc program offered at The University of Vermont are prepared to:
- Promote positive patient outcomes through communication of laboratory-related information to health care professionals and patients and their families
- Conduct evidence-based research to improve patient outcomes and advance the field
- Apply advanced practice knowledge and technical skill to leadership roles in the medical laboratory science profession
Clinical and Research Opportunities
Students in Track One will complete a semester long clinical internship at one of the hospitals within the University of Vermont Health Network as part of the core NAACLS-accredited program.
All students will complete a three course series in research method and design that culminates with a capstone research project. Under the supervision of the program faculty in collaboration with clinical affiliate partners, students will conduct relevant evidence based research to advance the field of medical laboratory science.
- Clinical Chemistry
- Applied Molecular Biology
- Advanced Immunobiology
- Clinical Microbiology
- Quality in Healthcare
- Genetics for Clinicians
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Health Sciences View 352 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
- Electronic Application
- General biology or anatomy and physiology (8 credits), general chemistry (8 credits), organic chemistry or biochemistry (4 credits), general microbiology with lab (4 credits), college level math (3 credits)
- Statement of Purpose
- Application Fee of $65.00
- Email addresses for three people who will provide letters of recommendation. This information is submitted within the application and letters are sent from the recommender directly to us through the application portal.
- One transcript from each institution you have attended, including the one you currently attend. Unofficial transcripts uploaded by you are sufficient for the review process for most programs (Public Health applicants, please review your requirements).
- Residential Status Questionnaire (for in-state tuition purposes)
- Test scores for English proficiency for applicants whose native language is not English.
International25800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1720 USD per credit during 24 months.
National25800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1720 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State10245 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 683 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Burlington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.