The Early Childhood Education (ECE) program area focuses on the social, cultural, racial, academic and political intersections of young children entering grades preschool – 3rd grade.
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction offers three options for Master’s Degrees in Early Childhood Education. Students can choose between an M.Ed. without a Report, an M.Ed. with a Report, and an M.A. with a Report. The options with a report add a research component while the M.Ed. without a Report includes an extra elective course.
The Master’s Program in Early Childhood Education focus on important learning theories for young children and the curriculum that helps develop young learners. Students in this program are prepared to become teachers, teacher educators, professors and future researchers in Early Childhood Education.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Critical Perspectives on Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Education Programs
- Early Childhood Teacher Education
- Environmental Education for Young Children
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 3538 other Masters in Education in United States
- An official score for the Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE), unless otherwise specified by the graduate program to which the student is applying. International students whose native language is not English must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed major. Evidence of adequate preparation varies by program, but examples include letters of reference, auditions, samples of work, and personal statements
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 in upper-division (junior- and senior-level) coursework and in any graduate work already completed.
International18032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9016 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National18032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9016 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4637 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.