The thesis option requires at least thirty-six semester hours of credit; the option without thesis, at least thirty-nine hours. All students must also complete at least six semester hours in a minor area of study, such as marketing, sociology, anthropology, journalism, psychology, or English. No more than nine semester hours of upper-division coursework may be counted toward the degree. These courses must be approved by the graduate adviser.
The program is flexible, allowing students to focus on their specific interests through elective and minor coursework. Most students complete the program in twenty-one months.
Option II. The Master of Arts is offered both in a traditional format and in the Option II format. Option II provides a planned program of study that includes intensive summer work and special internationally focused enrichment opportunities. It gives students enrolled in participating academic programs access to a multinational and global experience. Option II students must complete a master’s report.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Consumer Behavior
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research
- Theories of Persuasive Communication and Consumer Decision Making
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 162 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
- An official score for the Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE), unless otherwise specified by the graduate program to which the student is applying. International students whose native language is not English must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed major. Evidence of adequate preparation varies by program, but examples include letters of reference, auditions, samples of work, and personal statements
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 in upper-division (junior- and senior-level) coursework and in any graduate work already completed.
International18816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9408 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National18816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9408 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4998 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.