Drugs and their analyses are presented to the students through courses in medicinal chemistry and through the special topics course on the analysis of dosage forms of drugs. Trace evidence analysis is covered three courses:
- Trace Evidence (hair and fibers)
- Forensic Chemistry I (glass and soil)
- Forensic Chemistry II (paper, paint, ignitable liquids and explosive residues)
All George Washington University students concentrating in Forensic Chemistry are expected to complete research projects and to present their research results in the graduate seminar. Students concentrating in forensic chemistry are strongly encouraged to participate in at least one internship at a forensic science laboratory in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Fundamentals of Forensic Science
- Ethics, Professional Responsibility, and Quality Assl
- Trace Evidence Analysis
- Advanced Instrumental Analysis
- Criminal Law for Forensic Scientists
- Statistics for Forensic Scientists
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Forensic Chemistry
- Forensic Drug Analysis .
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Forensic Science Biochemistry View 117 other Masters in Forensic Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in chemistry or equivalent.
- Current Résumé
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Official Transcriptste.
International67525 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1825 USD per credit during 12 months.
National67525 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1825 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.