Landscape Architecture Post-Professional Degree from University of Texas at Austin is designed to facilitate a concentrated examination of advanced topics in relation to the practice of landscape architecture. Topics can vary but are not exclusive to Sustainable Design, Cultural and Historic Landscapes, and issues of Urbanism and Landscape Architecture.
Graduates with Landscape Architecture Post-Professional Degree from University of Texas at Austin will:
- develop a basic verbal and graphic vocabulary of conventions within the practice of Landscape Architecture construction
- acquire an understanding of basic landform design techniques.
- explore and understand construction as an integral part of the design process.
- acquire an understanding of the integration of pre-development conditions and artificial landforms.
- explore landforms as elements integrating design intention and function.
- understand and learn how landform affects drainage, and how to integrate both subjects.
- learn the basic concepts, systems, components, methods and techniques of grading, earthwork, storm water management, green infrastructure, runoff volumes, and the comprehensive integration of these in grading exercises.
- learn how to design accessible routes, paths, and spaces, based on sound design principles and the American Disabilities Act (ADA) code.
- learn how to grade typical landscape architecture design programs and typologies and provide with a foundation for the execution and integration of grading in design studios within the MLA program.
- familiarize with typical grading design exercises found in LARE (Landscape Architect Registration Examination)
- embrace the premise that “grading is design.”
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Visual Communication
- Design Studio
- Landscape Architecture Design Studio
- Advanced Design Studio
- Landscape Architecture History and Theory
- Technology Sequence
- Landscape Technology
- Design Methods
- Natural Systems
- History and Theory of Landscape Architecture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture View 341 other Masters in Architecture in United States
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- English proficiency
- GPA 3.0
International13698 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6849 USD per semester during 24 months.
National13698 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6849 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State7614 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3807 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.