Comparative Religion from Western Michigan University designed for those who, whether they are religious or not, want to know more about religion, the role and significance of religion in societies today and in the past, and the ways in which academics think about and analyze religion and related concepts.
Graduates with Comparative Religion from Western Michigan University will be able to:
- Examine the concept of religion as well as specific religions from around the world and throughout history.
- Analyze religion as a part of culture and in relation to other parts of culture.
- Study components of religions like myths, rituals, doctrines and institutions.
- Compare, evaluate and employ academic definitions and theories of religion.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Comparative Religion Professional Seminar
- Theory and Method
- Pedagogy: Teaching World Religions
- Advanced Writing Seminar in Religion
- Historical Studies in Religion
- Comparative Studies in Religion
- Readings in Religion
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
For those not seeking a graduate assistantship: consideration is ongoing up to the beginning of the fall semester.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 563 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of passport identification page
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended or are attending, including diplomas, examination results, mark sheets and certificates
- $100 non-refundable application fee
- Proof of sufficient funds for the first academic year of study at WMU according to estimated cost of attendance
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) is required;
- This program requires three recommendations
- Please prepare a statement
- Please submit a writing sample of 10 to 15 pages.
International1022 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1022 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1022 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1022 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State681 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 681 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.