- Structured around international political economy and global culture, the program is particularly appropriate for law students with strong foreign language or social science backgrounds who wish to pursue careers as international legal specialists.
- To be accepted to the joint degree program, students must complete at least 28 credits in the College of Law with a minimum grade point average of 3.00. They apply to the LAS graduate program after their first semester in law school.
- For completion of the International Studies Law program from DePaul University students must meet all criteria for completion of the JD and the MA while taking a minimum of five international law electives in the College of Law. In addition, students must complete a year-long six course core sequence in International Studies. See more in the University Catalog. Finally, students complete a three quarter 12-credit sequence in International Studies leading to completion of an MA thesis.
- Critical social theory
- International political economy
- Advanced topics in international political economy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law View 267 other Masters in Public Law in United States
- Completed application
- Application fee: A $40 nonrefundable application processing fee is required. If submitting your application electronically, you may pay online through LSAC. If mailing in your application, you may submit a check payable to Office of Law Graduate Admissions.
- Personal statement: A personal statement is required and must accompany your application for admission.
- Resume: A current resume is required, should not exceed two pages and must accompany the application.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official law school transcript
International38880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1620 USD per credit during 24 months.
National38880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1620 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.