About the Social Welfare Program
The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Luskin’s Master of Social Welfare is a full-time, two-year program. In addition to our core curriculum, you can participate in an advanced research course or research project focused on an issue of interest to you.
Two field placements with social work agencies let you put into action what you have learned in the classroom, providing invaluable real-world experience.
- Dynamics of Human Behavior
- Integrative Seminar
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Special Topics in Public Affairs
- Homelessness: Housing and Social Service Issues
- Foundations of Social Work Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 364 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- In addition to the University's minimum requirements and those listed above, all applicants are expected to submit the departmental application, official transcripts from every school attended since high school, a professional resume, and a statement of purpose.
- M.S.W.: The statement of purpose accompanying the application should why you seek an MSW at UCLA at this time and describe the following: Experiences that shaped your understanding of social welfare of a profession and what this understanding is; the abilities, experiences and accomplishments that demonstrate your fit with UCLA's MSW program; and your specific career or educational goals.
International32374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32374 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National32374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32374 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State17272 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17272 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.