Mass Communications from San José State University was designed to help students master the concepts and skills that are driving emerging communication technologies in public relations, advertising, and journalism. Elective units allow students to tailor the program to their interests.
Graduates with Mass Communications from San José State University will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the diversity of groups in a global society in relationship to communications.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically, creatively and independently.
- Write correctly and clearly in forms and styles appropriate for the communications professions, audiences, and purposes they serve.
- Demonstrate the ability to use tools and technologies appropriate for the communications professions in which they work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Media and Social Issues
- New Media Visionaries
- Advanced User Experience
- Web Design and Development
- Mass Communications Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 176 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- A 2.5 institutional GPA (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 2.5 GPA in the last two years of full time study.
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended.
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.