This rapidly evolving field of research incorporates multiple areas of modern experimental biology (including but not limited to molecular and behavioral genetics, epigenetics, biochemisty, cell and developmental biology, imaging, and large-scale omics approaches such as genomics, transcriptomics and functional genomics) and of computational biology (including bioinformatics and biostatistics). In their research, students tackle Mendelian diseases and genetically complex traits of key relevance to human health.
Areas of Study
A wide variety of courses are offered during the Human Genetics program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) to equip future independent researchers with fundamental knowledge about state-of-the-art methods for generating experimental data on a genome-wide scale and computational and statistical approaches to draw from the data sound conclusions of biological and medical significance. In addition, courses on medical and ethical issues provide students with a societal perspective on human genetics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Human Genetics A: Molecular Aspects
- Applied Genetics Modeling
- Computational Genetics
- Theoretical Genetic Modeling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBioinformatics Biochemistry Genetics View 352 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United States
- The general requirement for admission for a U.S. student is a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, comparable in standard and content to a bachelor’s degree from the University of California.
- An international student whose post-secondary education is completed outside of the U.S. is expected to hold a degree representing completion of at least four years of study with above average/very good scholarship from a university or university-level institution.
- The $120.00 (for U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents) or $140.00 (for all other applicants) application fee must be submitted online by credit or debit card before the application can be processed.
- Statement of purpose
- Personal Statement
- GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation
International32588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32588 USD per year during 12 months.
National32588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32588 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State17486 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17486 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Beverly Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.