Areas of Study
The major areas include thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, structural and solid mechanics, dynamics, control, mechanical design, mechanical systems, micro – and nano – electromechanical systems and robotics. Our undergraduate and graduate courses cover a wide range of fundamental concepts and advanced knowledge base in each of these areas.
The Mechanical Engineering program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) prepares students with the educational background and provides them with the skills that are necessary to remain productive in today’s rapidly changing technical environment.
- Advanced Strength of Materials
- Linear Elasticity
- Design of Composite Structures
- Computational Aerodynamics
- Analytical Fracture Mechanics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 54 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- The general requirement for admission for a U.S. student is a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, comparable in standard and content to a bachelor’s degree from the University of California.
- An international student whose post-secondary education is completed outside of the U.S. is expected to hold a degree representing completion of at least four years of study with above average/very good scholarship from a university or university-level institution.
- The $120.00 (for U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents) or $140.00 (for all other applicants) application fee must be submitted online by credit or debit card before the application can be processed.
- Statement of purpose
- Personal Statement
- GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation
International32858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32858 USD per year during 12 months.
National32858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32858 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State17456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17456 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.