The Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) has the following learning outcomes:
- Display mastery of basic principles and tools of science: calculus, physics, chemistry, computer programming, and writing
- Display fundamental understanding of atmospheric and oceanic sciences
- Demonstrated analytical and mathematical skills through application of learned concepts and tools to solve theoretical, computational, and empirical problems
- Ability to apply knowledge to independently identify, analyze, and understand real-world problems and issues
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication of results and conclusions of investigative work
- Atmospheric and Oceanic Fluid
- Dynamics of Earth System
- Geophysical Fluid Dynamics
- Atmospheric and Oceanic Turbulence
- Ocean Science
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarine Studies Environmental Sciences View 688 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- For the Master of Science degree in Atmospheric Sciences there are no admission requirements in addition to University minimum requirements and no application form in addition to the one used by Graduate Admissions/Student and Academic Affairs.
- Three letters of recommendation are required.
- In addition to students holding bachelors' degrees in meteorology or atmospheric sciences, graduates with degrees in related disciplines -- astronomy, chemistry, engineering, geophysics, oceanography, mathematics, and physics -- are encouraged to apply for graduate status in the department.
- Programs are arranged by consultation between the student and the department's graduate advisers, and considerable flexibility is maintained so that maximum advantage may be taken of previous education.
International32858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32858 USD per year during 12 months.
National32858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32858 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State17456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17456 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Beverly Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.