Students work in all care settings with a focus on delivering patient care management, health promotion, and disease prevention to people with acute and chronic disease. Graduates diagnose, manage, and evaluate the care of patients, except in critical care settings.
Students have clinical practice in nearby city and rural clinics, private practices, hospitals, and other settings that employ advanced practice nurses or MDs.
Career & Professional Opportunities
The Family Nurse Practitioner graduate from Fairfield University has the privilege of working in all levels of healthcare but critical care, and the opportunity to care for patients throughout the lifespan. FNPs work in:
- Emergency Department or other departments of a hospital such as interventional radiology, pain, cardiac, gynecology, neurological, infertility, pediatrics, pulmonary or renal, and more
- Primary care
- Surgical centers or specialty
- Ambulatory care clinics or private practices in internal medicine or family practice
- Specialty clinics or private practice in all types of specialties such as gastroenterology, cardiac, gynecology, oncology, pulmonary, endocrine, infectious disease, and more
- College health
- Pediatric clinics, school-based care, or private practice
- Long-term care
- Prisons and detention centers
- Occupational health
- Palliative care
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Nursing Leadership for Systems Improvement
- Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Research Methods for Evidence-Based Practice
- Advanced Healthcare Policy
- Advanced Health Assessment
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications are considered on a rolling basis for classes until July 1.
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 1985 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- A Completed application
- A Non-refundable $60 Application fee (paid online).
- A Professional Resume. Applicants are required to submit a current resume that includes employment and educational history.
- A Personal Statement
- Discuss a practice problem in your field that, in your experience, has a broad impact on patient care outcomes.
- State professional goals for the next 5-10 years.
- Explain how the degree you are seeking will aid you in reaching your goals.
- Official transcripts verifying completion of an undergraduate degree. (All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluating service.)
- Two Recommendation Forms and Letters, one of which must be from a current supervisor or professor.
- Copy of current RN License to practice in the state of Connecticut.
International14583 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 875 USD per credit during 36 months.
National14583 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 875 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Fairfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.