This course will help you develop your creative abilities to a high professional standard. We focus on practice-based research and film projects, preparing you for employment in the dynamic world of film production.
What you should know about this course
This specialist course will enable you to develop advanced knowledge and skills in film production, developing through the course a career specialism in screenwriting, directing and producing.
It equips you to facilitate film projects that foreground the importance of practice-based research, expertise and experimentation.
It's an opportunity to develop key skills for communicating about and with moving images across a range of contexts and platforms.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Film Research Workshop
- Production Practice
- Directing Screen Performance
- Film Screenwriting
- Major Project
- Sound Design
- Emerging Cinematography Practices
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 383 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have a good undergraduate degree, typically at 2:1 or above, in a relevant subject.
- If you have a good honours degree in another discipline, we may consider your application if your profile and motivation indicate a substantial interest in the fields of media and creativity. You will need an open mind towards interdisciplinary work and you must be capable of theoretical and methodological rigour.
- You will need to provide a personal statement and academic/professional references indicating your suitability for the course. You should also consider areas of interest that you could explore during your studies, prior to attending an interview. You must provide a link to your online video show-reel or digital portfolio.
- For film professionals, we will consider five years' relevant professional experience in place of academic qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time (per 30 credits) Home £1,500
Living costs for City of London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.