The Department of Materials Design and Innovation from the University at Buffalo SUNY - School of Engineering and Applied Sciences emphasizes a data driven perspective of materials discovery and design.
What career opportunities are there for MDI graduates?
Graduates of MDI will leave the University at Buffalo prepared to work in a wide range of technologies, including microelectronics, aerospace, biotechnology, energy, data analytics and software sectors of the economy.
The interdisciplinary training for students will prepare students for a wide array of professional opportunities including careers in research, teaching, business entrepreneurship and public policy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The curriculum consists of the traditional and classical core foundations of materials science subjects but taught from the perspective of statistics, interpretation of databases and data mining methods.
- Beyond these core foundations, new distinctive courses in materials science that cover materials informatics, advanced computing methods and machine learning, robotics for materials engineering and an integrated “atoms to device” experimental development laboratory are offered.
- PhD students will also interface with UB’s new Computational Data-enabled Science and Engineering graduate program, providing intensive training in all facets of computational data science that would be of value to both experimental and computational materials scientists.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Industrial Design Design View 365 other Masters in Design in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- GRE & TOEFL Scores
- Statement of Purpose Essay
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Online Recommendation Letters
- Application Fee
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5655 USD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.