Research falls broadly into three areas based on faculty interests — Biological Chemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Cellular and Developmental Biology, and Biomedicine. In many cases, faculty research overlaps these interdisciplinary areas.
Most students admitted to the Molecular and Cellular Biology program of the University of Massachusetts Amherst have obtained a bachelor's degree in basic sciences (biology, chemistry, biochemistry, physics or mathematics). Students interested in a career in life-sciences research in various aspects of biomedicine are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants may apply to the Ph.D. program; only students from the Five College consortium are eligible to apply for the fast-track M.S. degree program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Molecular Biology
- Advanced General Biochemistry
- Advanced Cell Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Molecular Sciences View 154 other Masters in Microbiology in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a qualified college or university is required or expected prior to the program's start date. Applicants are expected to have taken college-level courses in Biology, Organic Chemistry, Calculus, and Physics.
- GRE scores for the General Exam or Subject Tests can be submitted to supplement the application, but are not required.
- Application with Personal Statement
- Application Fee
- All Transcripts
- Minimum of Two Letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL and Financial Statement (for international applicants only)
International20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4671 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.