The Epidemiology program of the University of Massachusetts Amherst provides methodological skills in research design, study implementation, and data analysis. Each student develops a focus area in epidemiology through a combination of elective courses, course papers, and selection of thesis topic.
The degree program is generally completed within two years. A minimum of 45 credits, including a 3-credit thesis, is required.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Scientific Writing for Thesis, Dissertation, and Grant Proposals in Epidemiology
- Communicable Disease Epidemiology
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Epidemiologic Research Methods
- Analysis of Epidemiologic Data
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Spring admissions may be accepted on a case by case basis.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 1250 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Grades in undergraduate and graduate coursework. No specific undergraduate courses are required for admission, but successful applicants typically have completed coursework that demonstrates their quantitative ability. Successful students typically have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in their baccalaureate degree.
- Letters of recommendation (minimum of two)
- Personal statement
- Test scores
International20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4671 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.