- Commissioned more than 20 years ago by the Commonwealth of Virginia, the Information Technology program of Virginia Tech was created to provide aspiring and experienced IT professionals with the interdisciplinary knowledge they would need to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
- And that pace of change continues to accelerate.
- Today, more than 1,000 VT-MIT alumni, students and faculty members are engaged at the forefront of engineering, computer science and business to confront and conquer the technological challenges of the 21st century.
- Information Systems Design & Database Concepts
- Advanced Database Management Systems
- Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Healthcare Data Management
- Cybersecurity Governance and Risk Management
- Crime and Conflict in Cyberspace
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology IT Security View 320 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Virginia Tech and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 of 4.0
- The potential to successfully pursue and complete the VT-MIT degree program as evidenced by the application, letters of recommendation, and/or other material submitted with the application such as professional vitae or resumé
- Entering students are expected to have some experience programming in a modern language such as Java, C, C++, or C#. However, you don't need to have this prerequisite prior to applying. See the Programming Language Requirement section below for additional details.
- GRE/GMAT is NOT required; The TOEFL is required for those not receiving their bachelor's degree from an American, Canadian, or British university. The university-wide minimum requirement TOEFL score is 90 for Internet and 577 for paper. The TOEFL is not required of US permanent residents and US naturalized citizens.
International18942 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9471 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18942 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9471 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State9398 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4699 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.