About this Degree
The two-year Public Administration program at Auburn University provides an environment for networking, research opportunities, and program personalization through various graduate certificate options or a dual-degree program with Community Planning. Students come from a variety of backgrounds, some directly from undergraduate studies, while others have significant work or military experience.
The mission of the Auburn University MPA program is to advance effective and accountable public service in a dynamic, increasingly global environment that includes government agencies and nonprofit organizations. We accomplish this using a collaborative model of teaching, research, and outreach that instills in a diverse group of students the capacity for civic agency, providing them with the knowledge, skills, values, and motivation to make a difference in the civic life of their communities.
Our program emphasizes the necessity of professional knowledge, skills, and abilities that help ensure our students are capable of serving as effective, accountable leaders and managers in government and nonprofit organizations.
We view the environment of public service as increasingly diverse, dynamic, and globally interconnected. Therefore, we strive to create students who are global citizens that embrace the benefits of diversity. We also seek to create students who are flexible, innovative and capable of handling changing dynamics in the public service environment. Read more about this philosophy in our MPA Program handbook.
Our collaborative model of teaching, research, and service as echoed in our mission is carefully designed to instill what we call "civic agency" in our students. This means we not only equip them with the knowledge, skills, and abilities they need to be successful in public service but that we also seek to instill in them the motivation to make a difference in local and global communities.
Most of our graduates go on to hold positions in public agencies, nonprofit organizations, or the private sector. Our alumni are effective members of their communities, whether at work or in volunteer activities. This is Auburn MPA.
Nationally ranked, Internationally Recognized
The MPA program at Auburn University is nationally ranked (number 37 of public leadership and management programs and number 77 of public affairs programs) and is one of the best in Alabama and the Southeast region. The program is also ranked internationally as one of the top 200 public administration programs.
- Foundations of Public Administration and Public Service
- Public Personnel Administration
- Administrative Leadership and Democratic Governance
- Foundations of Public Policy
- MPA Internship
- MPA Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Public Administration View 1565 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application: Fill out the formal application online at the Auburn Graduate School website
- GRE Scores: The MPA program does not require GRE scores, although some programs at Auburn University do. Therefore, you will see a section for GRE scores on the online application. You may submit these scores if you have them, but they are not required.
- Recommendation Letters
- Writing Sample: A professional writing sample is required. This can be a copy of a paper completed for an undergraduate course or another document demonstrating your writing abilities and critical thinking skills. Please upload a writing sample as a PDF into the online application system.
- Statement of Intent: Please upload a PDF of your statement of intent, which is a short letter indicating why you wish to pursue an MPA degree. This is also your opportunity to address any academic deficiencies, special circumstances, or other relevant information.
International31986 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15993 USD per semester during 24 months.
National31986 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15993 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11826 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5913 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Auburn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.